.PRESS Domain Names
.PRESS is designed to be a dedicated namespace for both journalists and editors.
it was added to the Root Zone on 31 May, 2014 by the Radix Registry (DotPress Inc.) following a survey among journalists around the world who ascertained the high demand for such an extension.
Through another survey Radix have found out that 95% of the active .PRESS sites are used by journalists and bloggers, which further establishes .PRESS as the namespace of digital journalism.
Why register a .PRESS domain?
We live in a digital age where the credibility of online press is compromised by the ever-growing number of fake content loaded websites.
The .PRESS extension was introduced right on time to legitimize the work of real journalists and to promote genuine news and editorial content.
.PRESS targets a wide range of free press-supporting content creators – from journalists and bloggers to news portals and publishers:
Here are some of the most noteworthy advantages of .PRESS:
- Publicity - .PRESS will give you a global tribune to sharе news in the field you are interested in or to voice your own personal opinion;
- A great tribune for bloggers - bloggers and newspaper journalists can leverage the editorial value of .PRESS, regardless of whether they’re working on their own project or on somebody else’s website;
- А media platform for your corporate web presence - companies can use their .PRESS-powered site as a dedicated space for their PR initiatives or media announcements;
- Higher search engine rankings - if you create editorial or news content and have a .PRESS domain, Google will classify you as a journalist and will give priority to your site in its SERP results for relevant searches;
- Adds value to your existing site - journalists can register a .PRESS domain and use it to redirect visitors to their existing site or to their social media account (if such);
- Global recognition - .PRESS is easily translatable across various languages, which gives the extension a universal value.